Thursday, July 14, 2011

It's been a year...recommitted.


It's been exactly one year since I last blogged. Wow. Apparently life has gotten busier and goals have been set, met, and re-set in the mean time. I have thought about just canceling the whole thing, but tonight while assembling packs of dream cards (a product we sell with Education:Catch the Dream- my part-time job that I also started a year ago this month), I watched Julie and Julia, again.
I am always impressed with driven women who find a niche and use their talents to better themselves or take risks. In the movie, Julie blogs about cooking every recipe in Julia Child's cookbook over a year of time. She uses her writing talent and her drive to accomplish a goal to propel her into stardom- having a book and movie created because of her story.
I love stories like this. In fact, just yesterday during our monthly Fiscally Fit Chicks meeting I was talking with Susan and Maren about how to use our talents to get extra income. I have a friend that sews dresses and sells them, another who paints beautifully and sells them at boutiques and still another who makes caramel apples every week and sells them through a couple specialty stores around town. Unfortunately the talents I have never produce products as lovely as these. So- I'm on a quest, to discover the talents I have in my 30's. (It was so much easier to realize them in my teens when I received medals and trophies proving that I actually had talent.) I hope to look a little deeper at myself and find something hidden that may help in our continuing effort to make business better, household finances fatter, and personal success sweet.
So my re-commitment to blogging will pretty much be a check for myself, to make sure I'm staying on track of my life goals, those of my family, and our business. Welcome back.

2 comments:

  1. Yipee! I have missed you. I think you could count writing as a talent. You are very good at it and I am always pulled in by what you have to say. So happy you are blogging again. When I first started looking for talents I just choose something I was interested in and then went to the library to find as much info as possible. Some of those things I was good at and others not so good. Some I really enjoyed and some I came to dread. Good luck in your talent search!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl!! The journey of discovery will be fun fun fun! I'm doing the same as well. . . must be a 30's thing :)

    ReplyDelete